The National Project for Enhancing Youth Vocational Skills with World Food Program (WFP) and Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
The Ministry of Manpower (MoM) initiated the National Project for Enhancing Youth Vocational Skills (also entitled “Your skill is the foundation of your profession” initiative) with the aim to find solutions to promote youth employment and empower young men and women in vulnerable areas via capacity building, vocational training and the leverage of job opportunities. Adopting an advanced training approach, the initiative also seeks to build MoM cadres and trainers in the different directorates and training centers.
Qodra participated in this project in cooperation with the Ministry of Manpower and WFP through:
1. The update and enhancement of the 10 MoM vocational training curricula on: solar energy - fashion design and sewing - air conditioning and cooling - electricity - plumbing – embroidery – computer maintenance - mobile phones maintenance – home appliances maintenance – soft skills.
2. The delivery of 34 training workshops on 8 vocations (air conditioning and cooling – mobile maintenance – fashion design and sewing – computer maintenance – solar energy – embroidery – electricity – plumbing) to train 498 young job seekers (287 women and 211 men) in 5 governorates: Matrouh – Beni Sweif -Sohag – Qena – Luxor
3. The institutional capacity strengthening of 30 MoM trainers
4. The Provision of on job-trainings: in order to enhance the trainees’ practical skills and increase their chance to find job opportunities following the training, more than 45% of the trainees were provided on-job trainings in 23 specialized company each in their domains
- His Excellency the previous Minister of Manpower, Mohamed Saafan, visited the field training in Luxor Governorate on the 24th of march 2022 and praised the training’s quality
- The training was very fruitful with great success stories. During the training, some trainees were encouraged to actually start their own business and some were hired following the on-job training. Most of the trainees expressed their satisfaction with the training directly as well as during through a survey created by Qodra
- Trainees with disabilities were very well integrated and impressed the trainers with their perseverance and great quality of work